Demonstrations - The idea is!
Demonstrations are delivered at various levels. The first level being for very young children, these are normally presented at pre-schools and are normally free, just pay for the ingredients, and last about 20 - 30 minutes.
The next level is to schools from primary to secondary. These are aimed to promote understanding of food choice and helps the youth of today make sure they purchase and eat healthy food so they can lead a happier and more active life.
What's my Aim?
- To explain that our food comes from a variety of sources.
- To be able to understand the foods in the 'good, bad and ugly'.
- to be able to understand the foods which have the right nutrients to stay alive.
- To be able to name the main nutrients and give a food group for each.
- Be able to plan a well balanced diet for your daily meals.
- To take simple ingredients, prepare and cook simple but colourful dishes.
- Whether it is Workshop of Demonstration, the choice is yours.
- Remember creating dishes with a range of ingredients will give you the knowledge of food safety and having great fun, alone or with your friends.